Important Information – Owners Attending Racing Behind Closed Doors
Updated 17 September 2020
We are pleased that, as part of the return of owners to racecourses in line with the Government guidance for elite sports grounds, we are able to allow up to two racehorse owners (or their representatives) to attend race meetings held behind closed doors. Unfortunately we are currently unable to significantly increase this allocation due to operational constraints and local restrictions, however we do have a limited number of additional badges available. These badges can be requested via a direct message on the PASS system or by contacting the racecourse directly on 01698 206481 once your horse is declared. These local restrictions are also affecting our ability to offer an enhanced hospitality and bar provision, however we are providing fresh, homemade soup as well as premium lunch items that have been very well received to date.
To enable us to ensure that all of the appropriate arrangements are in place and minimise risk for owners and prioritise the safety and wellbeing of all attendees we need you to provide us with the details of those who will be attending by no later than 4pm on the day before the race meeting. Please use the Racecourse PASS System to do this, via https://www.rcapass.com. If you do not have access to the PASS System or need any assistance in its use, please contact the PASS Helpdesk on 01933 270333 or email@example.com
However, due to the fact that owners cannot enter the Racing Green Zone at this time and must remain in the exclusive areas that have been allocated to owners, we sadly are not allowed to grant access to the Parade Ring and/or the Winners Enclosure on this raceday.
On arrival at Hamilton Park, please enter the racecourse via the Hampton by Hilton Hotel entrance where you will be directed to the main racecourse car park. Once parked, you will be directed to the dedicated owners entrance which is situated next to the entrance to the Hotel, where you will be greeted by a member of our team. You will be asked to confirm your completion of the pre attendance questionnaire and your temperature and Photo ID will be checked. Once these checks are completed your registration details will be checked, via the PASS system, and then you will be issued with a wristband for the day.
Following registration, you will then be directed to the front of the grandstand and Panorama Suite where you will be welcomed by a member of our Senior Management team who will be your host for the day. Within this area, which offers viewing of the track, you will be offered complimentary homemade soup, freshly prepared lunch box, cake, fresh fruit and premium soft drink, together with tea, coffee and bottled water. Please note there will be no bar service in operation and alcoholic drinks must not be brought into the racecourse.
As mentioned previously, sadly we cannot grant access to the Parade Ring, either prior to, or after your horse has run, but we have created an area outside the Parade Ring, designated by your runner number, where you can view your horse prior to the race. To access this area please follow the signage on the day and please allow those owners with runners in any race to take the prime positions on the Parade Ring rail which are numbered in line with your horse.
Please be aware that the following requirements are also in place to allow us to provide entry, full details of which are available from the Return to Racecourse Guide for Owners, and a summary is provided below;
- All owners will need to complete a two-stage screening process. This includes the COVID-19 online learning module and a personal health assessment to be completed in advance of raceday, followed by health questions and a temperature check on arrival at the racecourse.
- All owners, guests and representatives must bring Photo ID with them to the racecourse. It is not essential to bring your PASS Card.
- All owners and guests should continue to observe social distancing guidelines and wear face coverings on arrival at the racecourse and when indoors (if not eating or drinking).
- To facilitate social distancing and avoid entry delays, owners are requested to arrive at the racecourse no more than 45 minutes before the first race and you are welcome to stay and enjoy the full day’s racing.
- Owners on course will have access to the dedicated Panorama Suite, which will be separated from raceday workers (trainers, stable staff, jockeys, officials, media etc.), who have undergone a more rigorous health screening process.
- The ‘rule of six’ will apply to all indoor and outdoor areas of the Owners’ Zone and these should be from no more than two households as per Scottish Government restrictions. Where owners/syndicates with multiple runners are offered additional badges, they will need to ensure that they remain in a group of no more than six people comprising of no more than two households.
- For infection control purposes, no movement will be permitted between the two areas of the racecourse as this weakens the controls and could lead to many more people being quarantined if there is a positive case, as well as risking people’s health.
- For a reminder of the latest BHA protocols please visit https://www.britishhorseracing.com/press_releases/resumption-of-racing-update-raceday-protocols/
We look forward to welcoming you to Hamilton Park, but if you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01698 283 806 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org