HAMILTON PARK’S COMMITMENT TO OWNERS’
As the venue staging a race for your racehorse, we at Hamilton Park understand both the significant investment made and the anticipation you will be feeling prior to each occasion your horse is declared to run.
The team at Hamilton Park is committed to ensuring that your visit exceeds expectations regardless of how your horse performs (we can’t control that bit!).
With the new season getting underway on Sunday 7 May, we are delighted to unveil our strategy for prize money and our commitment to Owners, Trainers and racing staff for the 2023 season.
As we look to build on the successes of last year, we have planned the richest race programme ever at Hamilton Park, with total prize money set to exceed £1.64M. A key highlight will once again be the Lanark Silver Bell fixture on Friday 25 August which has received further investment, making it the richest raceday in our history worth £212,150, including the Lanark Silver Bell Heritage Handicap worth £100,000.
To view Hamilton Park’s commitment to Owners & Trainers along with details of our 2023 race programme, please click here!
We pledge the following to all Owners:
- Hamilton Park re-invests all profits back into the company, ensuring maximum investment in prize money, turf management and facilities.
- ROA Gold Standard Course since 2008.
- Widely-accessible Going Reports accurately reflecting current track conditions.
- A consistent racing surface with no discernible draw bias.
- Preferential Owners hotel rate to stay at our on-site Hampton by Hilton Hotel.
- Dedicated Owners Parking adjacent to the Owners’ and Trainers’ entrance.
- Exclusive and spacious Owners & Trainers Bar overlooking the Parade Ring with access to lawn seating area and complimentary tea, coffee and biscuits.
- Exclusive Owners & Trainer desk where Director Fiona Murdoch and her team will be on hand to answer any queries.
- Exclusive use of our private Owners & Trainers Restaurant overlooking the Winners' Enclosure.
- Up to four complimentary meals with arrival drink per raceday for each registered Owner with a declared runner or runners. A further two meals may be provided from our concession units if required.
- Up to two complimentary meals with arrival drink per raceday for each registered Trainer with a declared runner or runners.
- Single Owner – entitled to 6 Owner & Trainer admission badges.
- Syndicates/Partnerships – entitled to 6 Owner & Trainer admission badges including meals, with option to receive 12 admission badges with no meals provided.
- Two general admission badges for ROA/TBA Members without a runner at ALL fixtures.
- Extra admission badges available at 50% discount.
Should your horse win then our team will be on hand to help you celebrate with a trophy presentation before toasting your winning horse with a Champagne reception and a re-run of the race victory. Winning Connections will be given a copy of the victory race on a USB flash drive, along with a framed photograph as a lasting memory, as well as Winners Memento.
To enable us to ensure that all of the appropriate arrangements are in place, minimise risk for owners and prioritise the safety and wellbeing of all attendees you must provide us with the details of those who will be attending by no later than 10.00am on the day of the race meeting.
The quickest and easiest way for you to do this is via the Racecourse PASS System https://www.rcapass.com. A simple step-by-step guide to using the system is available from the RCA Website. If you do not have access to the PASS System or need any assistance in its use, please contact the PASS Helpdesk on 01933 270333 or [email protected]
On arrival at Hamilton Park, please enter the racecourse via Gate 1 where you will be directed to the Dukes Car Park. Please display your ROA parking pass on arrival. Once parked, you will be directed to the dedicated Owners & Trainers Bar which is situated next to Dukes Entrance. A member of our Senior Management team will be on hand to register your attendance via the PASS system, and then you will be issued with your ticket for the day.
All owners and guests should continue to follow the latest Scottish Government Covid-19 guidance.
Owners & Trainers with Runners:
Hamilton Park operates the PASS System and encourages all Owners & Trainers to arrange their tickets via the online PASS concierge service or by contacting Fiona Murdoch at the racecourse directly on 07932 024995 once your horse is declared.
Sole Owner – entitled to 6 ‘Owner & Trainer’* admission tickets
Syndicates/Partnerships/Racing Groups/Companies – entitled to 6 ‘Owner & Trainer’* admission tickets with option to receive 12 admission badges with no meals provided.
*NB: For safety reasons, only Owner & Trainer admission tickets allow access to the exclusive Owner & Trainer facilities on course including the Parade Ring (subject to the restrictions below).
Owners must not pass their unused badges to other individuals.
We are delighted to provide the following for visiting racing personnel:
- Complimentary overnight accommodation in our on site Hampton by Hilton Hotel.
- Single occupancy rooms with private ensuite bathroom.
- Complimentary evening meal and breakfast when staying overnight.
- Complimentary meal on racedays.
- Free Wifi access across the racecourse.
- Free tea and coffee throughout racedays.
- Access to our newly refurbished canteen.
- Access to private day rest rooms and shower facilities.
- Best Turned Out award of at least £50 cash per race.
- Memento for race winners.
- Box of Tunnocks Teacakes for winning yards.
Bookings for overnight accommodation and stable requirements can be arranged by emailing: stabl[email protected] or by contacting the Clerk of the Course.
HAMILTON PARK’S COMMITMENT TO THE HORSE
The health and wellbeing of your horse is a top priority at Hamilton Park;
- Well-appointed Stable yard with 102 stables, offering a choice of Bedmax dust-free shavings as well as high quality recycled newspaper bedding.
- High quality equine facilities and care within stable yard, saddling boxes and wash-down areas.
- Veterinary services provided by leading vets from Weipers Centre Equine Hospital (University of Glasgow), The Dick Vet Equine Hospital (University of Edinburgh) and Avondale Veterinary Group.
- Endoscopy service available subject to pre-payment at the Racecourse Office. Please note priority will be given to horses requiring emergency First Aid.
- If required, referral and transfer services are available directly to the industry-leading Weipers Centre Equine Hospital, only 18 miles away.
RACEDAY AT HOME
For those of you unable to attend on the day you will be able to download a copy of our racecard which will be sent to you by Weatherbys. If your horse should win we will endeavour to send a digital memento and winning photograph to you either directly or via your trainer. Our raceday photographer will be capturing images of every horse running and can be viewed at www.grossick.co.uk
WEATHER AND GOING
Please click here for local weather forecast
Our state-of-the-art Turftrax Weather Station is located on site and provides live weather data updates every 30 mins. To view the data from this station, please click here.
Local weather forecasts are available on the Met Office website, please click here.
For the latest Going Updates please visit please click here to visit the British Horseracing Authority website. Updates are available from 7 days prior to each racemeeting.
Going Updates can also be sourced on Twitter by following @HamiltonParkRC
For more information, Owners and Trainers can contact Hamilton Park on 01698 283806 or [email protected]
BECOMING AN OWNER
From breath-taking mornings watching your racehorse on the gallops, to a thrilling day at the races, owning a racehorse can be easier and less expensive that you might imagine.
Shared racehorse ownership allows you to discover the excitement of ownership together with likeminded people.
Alternatively, please contact one of Hamilton Park Racecourse’s local Scottish trainers to find out about opportunities to get involved in racehorse ownership in Scotland and beyond. http://www.scottishracing.co.uk/map-locations/
CLERK OF THE COURSE