The first race in Hamilton was in 1782 at a site in Chatelherault, situated just outside the town.
In 1785 the course had 3 fixtures.
Up until 1907 there was jump racing at Hamilton.
The course closed in 1907.
Racing moved to the current site on Bothwell Road in 1926 having raised £100,000 to revive racing – making it one of the newest courses in the country and meaning there were two courses in Lanarkshire – with Lanark Racecourse closing in 1977.
Hamilton Park was the first racecourse in the country to stage an evening meeting in 1947, something that is now common place throughout the industry.
A Trust was formed in 1973 to secure racing at Hamilton Park at all time.
In 2010, Hamilton Park was the first racecourse in the country to hold and sell out a standalone concert event without racing.
In 2015, Hamilton Park will become the first racecourse in Scotland and the first small independent racecourse in the UK to offer free customer Wi-Fi.