Terms & Conditions of Entry, Sale and Photography
These are a selection of the key terms & conditions of entry to the racecourse. The full terms are available on the link below.
1. Entry – Entry to the racecourse is subject to the right of the Racecourse Executive to refuse to admit and/or to expel, without prior notice, any person whose behaviour is considered to be unruly or unacceptable or is a disqualified person.
2. Food & Drink – We advise racegoers that taking soft drinks and food into the enclosures is not encouraged, and that permission for this is at the discretion of Hamilton Park Racecourse Company Ltd.
3. Alcohol – Racegoers are reminded not to attempt to bring their own alcohol into the grounds of Hamilton Park. If any unauthorised alcohol is found they will be required to return it to their vehicle or our stewards will dispose of it. We are unable to retain any alcohol on behalf of Racegoers for later collection.
4. Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 – The Hamilton Park Racecourse Company Ltd informs patrons that it is prohibited for anyone to consume alcohol outwith any of our licensed areas. Racegoers must at all times abide by any rules and conditions in operation, including the observance of no drinking areas for safety reasons.
5. Seating – There is a designated area for Racegoers who wish to bring their own seating into the enclosures. Stewards will advise on arrival, and will direct Racegoers to this area.
6. Prohibited Items – Racegoers are advised that it is prohibited to bring any glass bottles or glasses into any part of the Racecourse. Stewards will advise of any other items deemed unsuitable to bring into the racecourse enclosures, which should be returned to vehicles or left in a designated area at Racegoers own risk for later collection. This is to ensure compliance with the Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds Act and the HSE Event Safety Guide.
7. Dress Code – There is no formal dress code in operation at Hamilton Park Racecourse, however football colours are discouraged at all times.
8. Photography – Racegoers are welcome to take photographs for personal use, but flash photography near the horses – especially in the vicinity of Parade Ring, Winners Enclosure or Winning post is not permitted. Under no circumstances may photography be taken on the racecourse for publication or other commercial use without prior written permission of Hamilton Park Racecourse.Racegoers consent to be filmed, photographed & otherwise recorded by Hamilton Park or any third party authorised by Hamilton Park. Racegoers grant HPR and any HPR authorised third party to broadcast, publish, licence & any use of photographs, film, recordings or images of you without payment or compensation.To obtain rights to use photography for commercial purposes call 01698 283806.
9. Dogs – We regret that dogs are not permitted onto any part of the racecourse, except assistance dogs. They must be kept on a lead at all times and must not be permitted to foul anywhere on the Racecourse.To the extent where we are legally able to do so, we reserve the right, if necessary, to force entry into a car to release any animals which may be suffering.
10. Refunds – All Badges & Tickets, once sold are non-refundable, except in the event of any Abandonment.
11. Abandonment – In the event of racing being abandoned, refunds on badges and tickets purchased will be paid in the following circumstances:
11a – Standard and Premier fixtures;
11b – Super Saturdays;
12. Abandonment Refunds – All refunds for race abandonments must be claimed within 28 days of the racemeeting. To obtain a refund, please send badges or tickets to the Hamilton Park Racecourse Office, Bothwell Road, Hamilton ML3 0DW.
Terms & Conditions of Entry for Corporate Hospitality
1. Confirmation of Booking – Your booking may be confirmed either in writing or via email correspondence between you and the Company.
2. Payment and Invoicing – Where full payment is not made on booking, a non refundable deposit of 50% shall be invoiced on confirmation of your booking which is payable within 7 days of invoice to secure your booking. The balance of your booking, if applicable, will be payable 6 weeks prior to the event and will be invoiced accordingly. Cancellations made after receipt of invoice will still require the 50% deposit to be paid within 7 days of invoice. If invoices are not paid on the due date your booking may be cancelled by the Company and/or interest may be charged on the outstanding balance at 2% above the published base bank rate of The Royal Bank of Scotland plc.
3. Confirmation of Numbers – The number in your party shall be confirmed at the time your booking is made. You may notify the Company, in writing, of any reduction to this, which if made at least 10 working days before the event, will allow a refund to be offered, at Hamilton Park’s discretion, excluding the 50% deposit.
Any increases to your numbers may be made by you up until 5 working days of the event. All charges for any increased numbers made within 6 weeks of the event shall require to be paid at the time of the change by credit card.
4. Abandonment Policy – In the event of racing being abandoned, refunds on badges and tickets purchased will be paid in the following circumstances:
4a. Standard and Premier fixtures;
4b. Super Saturdays;
5. Abandonment Refunds – All refunds must be claimed within 28 days of the racemeeting. To obtain a refund, please send badges or tickets to the Hamilton Park Racecourse Office, Bothwell Road, Hamilton ML3 0DW.
Customer’s Duty of Care
When you and your party are at the event you shall not damage, nor permit any of your guests to damage or deface the premises in any manner whatsoever nor allow or permit breach of the law. You shall ensure that nothing shall be done which may constitute a breach of the law or in any way cause a nuisance or be an infringement of any licence for music and dancing or the sale of alcohol. Failure to comply with this clause shall constitute a breach of these terms and conditions and entitle the Company to require the offending guest(s) to leave the event if it is reasonable for the Company to do so.
You and your guests will not consume any food or drink within the premises of the event except for that supplied by the Company.
Please note calls may be monitored/recorded for quality assurance purposes.
Please see our full Terms & Conditions below: