As the Office Receptionist you will work closely with the Office Manager, to provide administrative support. You will require to gain a sound knowledge of the business and key personnel, as you will act as the first point of contact within the Racecourse office. Professionalism, multi-tasking and excellent communication skills are essential attributes for success in this role.
REPORTS TO: Office Manager
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week plus racedays. Flexible hours may be available.
START DATE: Monday 27 March 2023
Wages will be negotiable dependent on experience.
OVERVIEW OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- First responder to all calls, emails and queries to the racecourse office, directing calls and forwarding emails as appropriate.
- Operate reception on a day to day basis, organising and maintaining the reception area.
- Welcome visitors to the office, representing the business with a positive and professional appearance.
- Signing in visitors and supplying visitor’s badges.
- Receiving parcels and deliveries and arranging all outgoing mail.
- General office administrative tasks e.g. photocopying, laminating, filing etc.
- Assisting with ticket sales made on both the telephone and over the web and printing and dispatching raceday tickets.
- Managing stationery stock levels, ordering office supplies and checking stock deliveries.
- General administration in preparation of racedays.
- Assisting the Office Manager with administration of the Annual Membership programme, including liaising with other UK Racecourses to agree suitable reciprocal dates
- Provide administrative support to the Hospitality and Sponsorship sales teams as appropriate.
- Assist the Office Manager in updating the CRM system for the next season.
- Assist the Office Manager in providing administrative support to the senior management team.
- Assist the racecourse management from time to time with other projects to manage and grow the business.
This description is intended to indicate the broad range of responsibilities and requirements of the post. It is neither exhaustive nor exclusive but, while some variation can be expected in particular duties, the description is considered to provide a reasonable general description of the post.
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected]