An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team in the role of Marketing Manager, this stand-alone role reports into the Racecourse Managing Director (RMD) and is an integral part of the racecourse team responsible for the creation, development and delivery of industry leading marketing activity and social media presence for marketing all elements of the racecourse business including racedays, conferences and events.
Key responsibilities of the role:
· To create and implement a comprehensive marketing strategy for Hamilton Park to drive engagement, exposure and ultimately deliver revenue growth across all strands of the business.
· To create and implement marketing campaigns, produce collateral and collate campaign performance results where appropriate.
· Work with the relevant teams to understand the marketing needs for all areas of the business to create a co-ordinated marketing plan.
· To create and implement strategies for digital audience growth including effective communications to the existing customer database.
· To manage digital media content for all areas of the business
· To effectively manage social media marketing opportunities across all suitable platforms, to complement and supplement the other (non-digital) sales and marketing activities. This will involve managing an agreed budget for expenditure in this area.
· To develop, manage and maintain the company’s online presence, via its own website and relevant linked websites; ensuring that all platforms are designed to increase the quality and quantity of website traffic through Search Engine Optimization (SEO) where possible.
· To manage the companies PR activity alongside the RMD and other relevant members of the team.
· To monitor incoming remarks and trends on key media channels and respond as appropriate under the guidance of the RMD.
· To provide monthly statistics on website, CRM and social media engagement and effectiveness for review and action.
· To liaise with associated sponsors and partners of the racecourse, particularly the main media partner Racing TV, to ensure a joined-up digital marketing strategy between the racecourse and other parties.
· To assist with the capture and management of customer data and therefore to be (or quickly become) conversant with the requirements of General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
· To attend all race meetings and other agreed events to gather and generate points of interest, images and news, to promote the meeting ‘near live’ across relevant digital-media platforms to ‘capture the moment’.
Key skills and experience required:
· Ideally educated to Advanced or Degree level, you will demonstrate a proven understanding of delivering successful marketing strategies, especially using social media platforms, website SEO strategy and online analytics.
· You will be a creative, bright and imaginative self-starter, capable of generating original ideas and stories, to enhance the Group’s presence in the digital space;
· Strong IT skills are essential as a matter of course and experience of using Photoshop would be advantageous;
· Some knowledge and experience of CRM would be beneficial, as would an interest in the sport of horse racing, but neither is essential;
· Friendly and helpful approach to deal with customers and join a dynamic and outgoing team.
This role offers an excellent competitive salary, annual bonus and significant company benefits.
Eden Scott is dealing exclusively with Hamilton Park on this vacancy so to be considered for this exciting opportunity with a truly unique and best in class employer, please submit your CV online clearly stating salary expectation or to [email protected] and for an informal chat or to receive the full job description please email or call Sally on 07776 662506.